Monday, July 19, 2010

Honduras

I'm going to Honduras!!!!!

I leave August 19th to teach in Honduras for 10 months -- I can't believe it! I have been so blessed in my life and I'm overjoyed that I am able to have yet another overseas opportunity. I know this experience will help me grow in my faith and as a person in general. I am eternally grateful to all of my family and friends who support and love me unconditionally. I honestly don't know where I would be without all of you!

I had a few yard sales at the beginning of the summer to raise some money but I am still about $1,500 short for my trip. I HATE asking people for money, but I have to be able to get to and from Honduras as well as purchase school supplies. In total I will have to purchase three plane tickets since my visit is only good for four month periods. My wonderful Grandpa has paid for my first plane ticket and now I just need to raise the money for the other two. If you can donate in anyway I would greatly appreciate it. You can find a donate button on the right hand side of this page.

***More than money though, I need prayers. Please keep me in yours as I embark on this new journey in my life!

Olancho Aid Foundation is the organization I will be volunteering through. The website is: www.olanchoaid.org

I've posted a brief video at the bottom of my blog that talks more about the organization and Honduras in general. I hope you take the time to watch it.

Thank you for all of the generosity, encouragement, and support you have shown me!!

Many Blessings :)!

"We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give" -Winston Churchill

No comments: