Friday, December 9, 2011

It's A God Thing

Last Saturday night Lacey and I made a spaghetti dinner. I realized once I had the sauce going that I had forgotten to get some cheese. I also saw that Lacey's house needed a new jug of water so I ran down to the pulperia to get both. A little boy was standing outside and asked me for one lempira. Last year I probably wouldn't have given him one because then every time I saw him he would ask. Since I knew I would be going home in a week I said "Sure, as soon as I buy this stuff I'll give it to you." As I was waiting there I thought "This poor kid is only asking for a single lempira, which is just change in the US and he looks hungry", so I also asked if he also wanted some bread. He shook his head yes, and would you believe that when I bought the water, cheese, and bread I had exactly 1 lempira left. 

It's a God thing :)...and oh how good he is!

"The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway. For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway." - Mother Teresa

No comments: