Wednesday, November 5, 2008

...and the crowd goes wild

I have to start my saying I LOVE YOU MOM! Thank you for being so supportive :)!

I made it to the internet two days in a row and I just wanted to quickly update. I wont get to a computer again until this weekend or early next week.

Obama has won the presidency and the Kenyan people have gone mad. They love Obama here and everytime we walk down the street they call us "Daughters of Obama." Anytime I am in town the people will ask me who I voted for. If you say anything bad about Obama you are in serious trouble. One man was asked to leave a place because he was a McCain fan. The Kenyan people have declared tomorrow a national holiday. No one has to work tomorrow since Obama won. I'm excited for that :)! They all think Obama will turn their country around and for their sakes I really hope he does. Although I am skeptical of what he is actually going to do. Many people here really like Clinton as well. He came to Kenya during his presidency and did a lot with AID's prevention. There is going to be a party where Obama's grandma lives. I will not be attending, because I know it is going to get reall crazy. I have a drunk man on video going on about Obama, it's hilarious.

I have been able to remain really positive in Kenya and people tell me that all the time. I wasn't born that way though. I am positive because of every one of you reading this blog. All of you have shaped my life in some way and made me who I am today. I am just so extremely grateful for the you. I have a wonderful family who supports me in everything I do and great friends! From the bottom of my heart I genuinely thank you!

"The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude...I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it" ~Charles Swindoll

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the updates Bridget, they are great! It sounds like you are having a great time, which is awesome!!! John

Anonymous said...

I saw some of the celebrations on TV. It looked pretty crazy from here; I can only imagine what it must be like there. How exciting to be in another country during this time where they're excited about something we're doing. I'm sure they probably have much higher expectations for what our new president will mean for their country (do they think he'll send them all cars - LOL?) - but it has to be great to see that.

Take care of yourself. I hope the sickness doesn't get you!

Anonymous said...

Bridget... I love reading your blog. Several of the teachers at school have mentioned to me how much they are enjoying it, too. I really hope you'll come and talk to my kids about it when you return! Keep the faith, keep your chin up and keep turning down those requests for money! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Bridget!

i can't tell you how much i enjoy reading your blog! so interesting and FUNNY!!! remind me to tell you a little story about ricky ricardo when you get home. take care of yourself! mary jo