Sunday, October 24, 2010

Dios es Muy Bien

It's only Saturday :)...

This weekend has been wonderful so far and it's not even over yet!

Thursday night I played my first game ever of soccer! I was really nervous about playing since I had no idea what I was doing, but it was so much fun! A small group of us were going to go and meet up with some volunteers from other organizations, but none of them showed up, so we just played with a group of Hondurans. I didn't play horribly but at one point during the game the ball was flying towards me and instead of head butting it my instinct was to volley it. Haha! Jeff yelled from the other end of the field and said "wrong sport, Bridget!" It was pretty comical. The volunteers usually play every Friday, so I'll definitely start joining them from now on.

Yesterday was very productive! Michelle and I got up and had a nice little breakfast that consisted of eggs, potatoes, and toast. Then we deep cleaned our house and I spent a few hours getting all of my laundry washed. We watched a few hours of Glee with Anne and then got our grocery shopping done for the week. Last night we headed over to Maki and Peggy's to make some stir fry and have a girls movie night. The stir fry had cooked carrots in it and I think that's the first time I've had cooked carrots in many many years and I didn't get sick! When I was little I would puke up anything that had any hint of cooked carrot in it, right mom ;)! But they actually weren't bad...maybe my taste buds are finally changing :).

Today has been a day full of music and as a result I am in a wonderful mood! I woke up and listened to some good hip-hop jams as I got some lesson planning done. Then I rocked out to some awesome spanish christian (cristiano) music this afternoon! Rosita brought her flash drive to school last week and let me put all of her Christian music onto my computer. When I was heading back from cayos cochinos a few weeks ago they played nothing but christian music on the bus and I was in heaven. I'm in love with christian music in spanish...it's amazing! This song completely consumes me and makes me SO SO SO happy:



I hope you love it as much as I do!

I'm such a happy girl!!


peace.
it does not mean to be in a place
where there is no noise, trouble,
or hard work. it means to be in
the midst of those things and still
be calm in your heart.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bridgie! It sounds like you have finally found your "space". I'm so happy for you.

There's no doubt that all of the children love you....I just wonder how many you want to bring home!!!!

As long as you keep being yourself, the world will continue to be a brighter place.

Love Ya!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Awww - bummer! Can't listen to the song. It says it's blocked in our country - copyright laws.

Glad you're having such a good time!

~YFA

Bridget said...

Aunt Kathleen -- I'll e-mail you the MP3 then so you can hear it :). It's weird you all can't hear it because of copyright laws, strange!