Thursday, October 14, 2010

Happy Birthday

We celebrated Angela's 30th birthday this past Sunday night. Since it was the big 3-0 we decided to surprise her with a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon and some Champagne to toast the event. 
Here's Angela with her glass of Champagne 

Andrew pulled out all the stops when it came to making Angela's birthday cake. This is a triple layer (white, chocolate, white) cake. It has strawberry jam, chocolate, and whipped cream in between each layer. With strawberries and chocolate drizzled on top. We all very much enjoyed our slice of this yummy cake!

The highlight of my week was receiving a box from my Aunt Karen! It had all kinds of goodies in it and my face just lit up as I pulled each one of them out. You did a great job packaging everything Kare! The syrup didn't leak at all. The air freshener melted a little bit, but it stayed contained within it's bag and smells wonderful. I'll definitely be enjoying some good meals with all of the things you sent!


My lone freezer now has some M&M love in it! As you can see I already dug in :)
Honey Roasted Almonds (my favorite), chocolate frosting, and peanut butter...YUM!! I love them all. I was down to one sandwich's worth of peanut butter when I got the package. Perfect timing!
Braeden - I love the picachu sticker! This is such a great drawing! The house has so many details and I really like the cloud you drew under the picachu. I hope you're learning lots of fun things in second grade and being good for your teacher :).
Makayla - What a wonderful picture! I love that you drew me with my glasses on and flowers are one of my favorite gifts . I'm trying to teach my students how to say please and thank you. I bet you're loving Kindergarten so far! Miss King is a good teacher, isn't she? 


I have both of these pictures hanging above my bed in my room. It makes me so happy when I come home at the end of the day and see them. I can't wait to see both of you during my Christmas break :o)!

Thank you very much for sending a package for me Kare! It was so generous of you and I it was like Christmas morning to open it :)!

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow-creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again."

3 comments:

Aunt Karen said...

Yay! Glad it finally arrived. The things that couldn't fit in the first box should arrive within about two weeks. :o)

Were you my missed call from "unknown" last night!? :(

Give us an update on your hand, too!

Love you!

Bridget said...

I still can't believe you sent two boxes! I was told yesterday that I have another box waiting for me here and I have no idea who it's from -- a mystery box! I'm so excited about it :).

I was your missed call last night, but I'll try you again this weekend because I would love to chat with you!

The hand is almost completely healed. One of my blisters popped on my thumb and it looks like it may be a permanent scar, but my palm is healing nicely. The Hondurans said it would be great if I got a scar because then I would always remember Honduras -- I'm pretty sure I'll remember it either way :).

Aunt Karen said...

Well, I couldn't fit everything into one box.. plus I had a generous donor add something in the second box.

Haha! I'm sure you'll remember Honduras... scar or not!

In case you read this today, tomorrow (Sunday) is better for a call than today.

xoxo