Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Bowl 2011

Andrew, Jeff, and Lacey hosted the 2011 Super Bowl party at their casa.

Before heading over to their house I heard my little neighbors screaming "Gringa, Gringa, Hola Gringa!" and as I'm combing my hair in the doorway to my room I can see a little hand sliding back and forth under my gate...


Soon there were three little people under there...



Haha..they're so cute! The funniest thing was their aunts were sitting in front of our gate in platic chairs just watching them lay down by our gate. So Kandice and I layed down on the other end and talked to them for a minute but then I had to head over for the party. As I was walking down my road one of the little boys screamed "Gringa, donde va?" (White girl, where are you going?) It cracks me up that they always call me gringa when they've asked me what my name ten times now.

Guests arrived at 5 for the party and shortly after we were all in the house we could smell burning plastic. Just as we were wondering what it could be Andrew comes into the house and says "there are some kids burning a barbie outside" (read this with an English accent for the laugh factor). So I HAD to get some pictures...


Poor barbie didn't have a chance in those flames...


Oh the weird things these kids do for entertainment...


Lace is from Wisconsin so she was pumped for the game and got decked out in her green and yellow attire, complete with the Greenbay G...


Anne also heavily rooted for the Packers because Aaron Rodgers is from Chico, the same city she's from.


Most of the crew was really into the game, but Maki and I -- not so much:


But after a lot of screaming and excitement I decided to jump on the bandwagon -- I know, I know I'm not a true football fan...


Andrew whipped up some nachos and some manwiches for the big game...






I live for the manwich! YUM!

During the fourth quarter commerical breaks Jeff provided us with some hand shadow puppet entertainment:


Whoo hoo Packers! It was a close game but Lacey's team came through for her!!

I wish we could have these kinds of parties every night. I love having everyone together!

"Pro football is like nuclear warfare. There are no winners, only survivors" ~Frank Gifford

1 comment:

Aunt Karen said...

I posted a comment, but it didn't show up. Trying again (in case you end up getting it twice)

Love the photos under the gate! And the burning Barbie... disturbing!