Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Fiesta de Cumpleaños de María

This past Saturday night we celebrated Mary's birthday at la casa de Kandice y Bridget. I was really excited for everyone to come over -- I love to play hostess!

I blew up some balloons for the event and Anne had the great of hanging them from our close pins outside. They looked very festive and gave the front area a more welcoming feeling. I also had people decorate "Happy Birthday" signs to hang up inside and outside the house.

This is the sign Jeff made for Mary. He was very proud of it!
Here's the birthday girl with Sylvia...
Some of us before the night of dancing ensued...
Check out those cute balloons!
Roomies...
I love this picture of us.
Jeff and I being weirdos as usual...

Anne's been practicing her dance moves and she's getting so good...

 I would love to be able to say I could dance salsa, merengue, punta, and bachata by the time I leave Honduras but that would be nothing short of a miracle...

Disclaimer: wait at least one hour after eating before dancing bachata...
or you may get a stomach cramp!

Feliz Cumpleaños Mary!!!!!

Cake time is always the best time :)


I love Andrew's random face in the background of this picture...
Sebastian, Maki, Me, and Andrew
Shiny Happy People...
Oscar, Me, and Jeff


Mary's party was hands down the best fiesta we've had yet! Everyone was dancing and seemed to be having a great time. Dance parties tops my list of things I will miss most about Honduras.

Looking forward to the next one...

"A good character is the best tombstone.  Those who loved you and were helped by you will remember you when forget-me-nots have withered.  Carve your name on hearts, not on marble" ~Charles H. Spurgeon

1 comment:

Aunt Karen said...

The random Jeff face reminds me of the Thanksgiving picture of all the the "girls" with Uncle Dan across the room, making a face. I'll try to find a copy if you don't know what I'm talking about!

Always enjoy your posts, Bridgie!

Kare xoxo