Monday, March 14, 2011

Good Ole Boy's Party

Two weeks ago we celebrated Mardi Gras and Jeff's birthday. I didn't have any pictures of the event for awhile, which is why I didn't blog about it right away. Now that I have the pictures I'm in business.

The night started off with some of Andrew's fabulous food...

He made some rico papas with a bunch of different seasonings, fried chicken, and etufe...


Before the dancing got started Dan, Angela, Lacey, Anne, and Carrie played an intense game of liar's dice. By the looks of this picture I'm going to guess Dan is explaining the rules...


Shortly after the dice game I grabbed Jeff's speaker and galloped around the house to "Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy" -- haha. That song never gets old!

Me, Anne, and Jeff
















Then Jeff decided he wanted to burn things. So we grabbed some dried tree branches and burned them in the backyard...


Finally, after hours of waiting, the Hondurans arrived and got the party started. We danced, danced, and then danced some more. After everyone worked up an appetite from dancing we gave Jeff his double layer chocolate and carmel cake, with whipped cream on top and ice cream on the side. YUM!

Tony, Lacey, and Me

Once most of the Hondurans left we decided to go outside and climb things. Jeff, Carrie, Anne, and Tony successfully made it up the tree, but sadly I did not. I tried to jump up to it and before I knew it I was already on my way to the ground. The fall wasn't bad but I scrapped up the back of my leg on the way down. War wound!!

Whoo hoo
Anne climbing to the top
After the tree climbing Carrie and I found ways to wedge ourselves in the door...

My trick isn't as good as Carrie's, but I tried!
Then Jeff and I climbed these poles in the front of their house...
It was a great party!
Anne, Andrew, Jeff, Me, Carrie, Tony, and Lacey
Here are some of my favorite terms from the Redneck Dictonary:

BARD: - verb. Past tense of the infinitive "to borrow."
Usage: "My brother bard my pickup truck."


EVERWHICHWAYS: To be scattered in all directions.
Usage:"You should have been there when the train hit attair chicken truck. Them chickens flew everwhichaways.



GUBMINT - (noun) - A bureaucratic institution.
Usage: "Them gubmint boys shore is ignert."



IDINIT: Term employed by genteel Southerners to avoid saying "Ain't".
Usage:"Mighty hot today, idinit?"



PHRAISIN: Very cold.
Usage:"Shut that door. It's phraisin in here."



SAAR: The opposite of sweet.
Usage:"These pickles Sure are saar."



URINE: Opposite of you're out


WHUP: To beat or to strike.
Usage:"OOOEEE!!! Yer mama's gonna whup you fer sayin' a cuss word."





“And thank you for a house full of people I love. Amen” –Terri Guillemets

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been wondering about the party. The pictures are great and it looks like everyone had a lot of fun....It's interesting the things you guys find to do for enjoyment; starting fires, climbing things and wedging bodies...it's hilarious.

Love Ya,

Mamasita

Aunt Karen said...

I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself on the tree! "P-Diddy" has a "palm tree climbing" story that he can tell you some day... and some scars that go with it!

I've been wondering about the party, too! What a great night!

xoxo
Auntie Kare

Brie said...

I love the southern words! Thanks again for calling last night! It was SO GOOD to talk to you!!! :D