Sunday, January 23, 2011

Chucky in Juti?

So my Friday morning started out the same way all of my other mornings do -- waiting at the bus stop with Kandice and Jackie as we talk about the creepy doll head on the top of this truck...




Creepy right?
Well I thought that was all there was to it. Then Jackie said "You should take a picture of the front of it". And I said "What front? There's a front?" OMG words can't even describe the willies I got when I saw this thing....
I have no idea why anyone would strap something like this to their truck, but I don't want to meet the owner. I showed the picture to Stefani at school and she said "ohhh chookie" and I was thinking "chookie?" and then I realized she meant CHUCKY! She hit the nail on the head. This is definitely a Chucky doll if I've ever seen one. CREEEEEPY!!!!!!
Luckily when I got to school I was greeted with big puffy white clouds, a gorgeous blue sky, and some beautiful little smiles!

I have a lot of behavior issues in my class but there is one little boy in my morning class who is constantly refusing to do his work. I always have to ask him 5 to 6 times to get out his journal in the morning. Well the journal question on Friday was "What do you think a sock and a shoe would talk about?" I thought most of the kids wouldn't be into this question, but they were wild about it! This little boy who rarely completes his journal drew a great picture and wrote these Spanish sentences....


It says: "You're the smelliest" "No you're the smelliest"
I was ecstatic and I couldn't have asked for a better start to the day! Shortly after the kids finished up their journals they had religion class, which meant I got a 40 minute break :). So I headed outside to take come videos and pictures of Anne's Kinder class in action. Each morning they do 20 minutes of songs and I think it's the cutest thing! 

Here is the group...
I am so blessed to teach here!
Ella (Anne's counterpart) asked them "Que vive (who lives)?" and they all shouted "Cristo (Christ)!" As you can see they got really into it...


Both of my classes earned 20 minutes of extra recess on Friday. It was so much to go outside and play with them and take some really cute pictures and videos...

Me with Milsa (our secretary at school). I love her!
Haha! I just love them!

My little crazy kids

They love to take pictures of me

Little Alejandro (Wendy's son)

Jafeth (a third grader)

I was trying to get them to kneel on each other but they didn't understand

Joseemir with my sunglasses on :)

Kimberly and Valeria...so sweet!

Adorable picture of Maria Jose and Jackie. 

My happy little campers

I wish this face always matched his behavior in class

Darien and Max

Here are a few videos I took of the day. The first one is of the Kinder kids. Check out some of these dance moves...



My little rugrats playing a game...



I have the BEST job in the world!!!

I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend :)



“Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish” –John Jakes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures and videos, Bridget - how cute!!

And, that doll head??! Very definitely freaky!

Take care and don't let Chucky get you.

~YFA

Anonymous said...

It looks so sunny and warm there. It's so cold and snowy here. I love seeing the little kids. I'm with Kathleen on the doll head - that's enough to give me nightmares.

Love ya.

Mom