Monday, January 24, 2011

Heaven

Sunday I had one of the best days I've had since coming to Honduras. I went to mass in the morning with Anne, Carrie, Angela, and Dan at St. Gertrudi's. Then we headed over to Andrew's house to wait for our ride. We were all invited to an 8th grade students birthday party. His family has some property out in the country where they were going to go swimming and grill up some good food. Even though I didn't even know who this kid was until yesterday I wasn't going to pass that up. As soon as we arrived I knew the day was going to incredible. Check out this view...

We were all really hungry when we got there and as soon as we got out of the car we were lead to a table where we were served fresh corn tortillas, cheese, carne asada, and some coke to wash it all down. Oh my gosh it was SO good! After having a little bit to eat we were shown the property. When we passed this corn field we had to hop in for a picture. I felt like I was back home ;)

Dan, Angela, Me, Anne, Carrie, and Andrew
Then we headed down to the river...

I thought this tree/insanely large stump thing was really cool
It was incredible! It was raining most of the morning so some of the pictures are a little dark, but later in the afternoon things cleared up and it was beautiful out!

Me and Carrie
All of us had decided we weren't going to swim since the weather was kind of gross, but we all ending up getting in besides Carrie. As you can see I was very happy with my decision...

Having a blast

There was a small drop off that we were all jumping off of throughout the day. Andrew and Dan did a few flips and then Dan and Anne decided to go off together. Dan doing a back flip and Anne doing a front flip. It's hands down the coolest picture of the day...
Awesome
After swimming we explored the river a little bit more...

Hello
I was so nervous to stand up on this log but it ended up being really easy :)

I love these girls!
Then a truck came for us to take us back up to where the party was going on. By this time a lot of people had arrived and we were served food and drinks round 2...

I bit the cap right off that thing...
QUE RICO!
Second plate of food for the day included carne asada, rice, pico de gallo, refried beans, and a piece of sausage. We ate like kings!
As we were eating I looked over and saw the cutest thing I think I have ever seen in my life! A one day old bunny...
How sweet!
As soon as the woman saw me flipping out over how cute he was she just handed him to me. He fit right into the palm of my hand and had the softest fur! I want one!

There was a really cool fence that just fit perfectly with the country setting...

I love this picture!
I unfortunately didn't actually get to ride this because the engine died, but there's always next time :)
Vrooom
Right before we had to leave I got to do the thing I have been dying to do most -- I got to ride a horse!!!! I never thought I would ride a horse in my swim suit cover-up and chaco shoes, but it felt great to be in a saddle. This guy was super calm and we just went for a little stroll through the woods. 

Perfect setting
Me Encanta Caballos!
 On on way home we ran into a typical Juticulpa traffic jam...
Cows, men on horses, and cars!

I am insanely happy :)


"It is not length of life, but depth of life"
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson


6 comments:

Auntie Kare said...

Bridget, I laughed out loud at the "typical traffic jam" comment! I'm still giggling....

Looks like you all had a fabulous day! I'm pretty sure you needed it after some recent tough days.

Glad you got to do so many fun things all in one day.

Love you!

Kare

Bridget said...

Come to Juticalpa Kare!!!! I NEED you here and you would LOVE it!!!

Brie said...

I agree with Karen on the traffic jam giggles...me too! I also agree with you on the flip pic, totally awesome! I'm SO SO SO happy you had a great day - hope there are many more like it to come. :)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place. Is this a typical birthday party? Sounds extravagant. I love the little bunny too.

Great pictures, you look so good and happy. I love it.

Love Ya!

Mom

Anonymous said...

i NEED that rabbit!
em

Auntie Kare said...

Bats and rats and roaches?!?! I'm figuring out that I'm not as adventurous as I once was!

By the way, I meant to say this the other night too... This entire day reminds me of a reward on Survivor. The team that wins the challenge gets to eat "local food" and go swimming and ride horses, etc. *grin*

xoxoxo