Monday, May 2, 2011

Costa Rica - Day 6

Day 6 started with the same amazing breakfast as day 5 -- yes...we liked it that much! 

Then we spent our last few hours on the beach...
We loved these little turtles in the ground around town...


Lace looked so classy in her hat...
The water was so clear you could see the bottom through the reflection of the clouds...
Adorable...
We love each other :)
Some awesome plant life in the ocean...

As much as we all would have loved to stay for another week, it was time to go. It was sad to leave the beach but we had to get back to San Jose by Friday night, so we could make our flight out on Saturday.

We checked back into the Best Western (the same hotel Carrie, Theresa, and I stayed in the first night)

View from our room...

We were all hungry when we got there so we wanted to go out for one last dinner. Since it was Good Friday it was difficult to find a restaurant that was open, but we eventually found a great place towards the center of town. Let me tell this past Good Friday was the HARDEST time I've ever had giving up meat. I gave up coke for lent so I was really missing that and then not being able to eat meat either was hard. I rarely get to eat meat in Juticalpa so when it's available that's usually what I'll got for first. But hey, that's why it's a sacrifice right?

On our way to dinner...
Maks, Lace, Heff, Me, and Carrie
Cool night view of the city from the hotel...

The whole week in Costa Rica was incredible! I'm grateful for the opportunity and for the great company. I was scared it would fly by but it felt like a great amount of time to be away. 

The hardest part of the whole week was saying good-bye to Theresa. I wanted her to come back to Juti with me and stay until July! Watching her walk into the terminal made me really home sick. I miss my family! I'll be home soon though!

I compiled a little video of some of the things we did in Costa Rica. Check back tomorrow to see it.

A huge thanks to everyone I traveled with for making it a wonderful week! I love you guys!

“I’ve found that luck is quite predictable. If you want more luck, take more chances. Be more active. Show up more often” -Brian Tracy

1 comment:

Aunt Karen said...

Can't wait to see the video! Just think... less than two months now until you can be back with all of your family and "old" friends!

Kare