Thursday, May 26, 2011

Mi Tiempo en Casa

While I was home I got to cook some really good food! Something I don't do too often in Honduras.

I made this salad and this sandwich. Both were amazingly delicious! Thank you Dee from The Pioneer Woman Cooks. Her blog rocks. She has tons of amazing recipes and great pictures to go along with them. If I haven't mentioned it before...I'm addicted to food blogs!

I cooked a few good dishes but I mainly just ate cheese, bread, and kalamata olives :), yum!! 

I got to hang out with this little ball of joy...
Addy and Me
Having fun with Em
What?!?!
One night Em and I took Theresa's dog Mo for a walk along the canal...


I somehow forget how beautiful the canal is. There's something so serene about it...


We passed some beautiful flowers along the way. Springtime is here and summer is just around the corner...


And ended our walk with this beautiful sunset...


On Saturday I got to attend the wedding of some longtime friends. Joey - 13 years and Stephanie - 11. Wow that makes me feel old. Joey and Stephanie have been dating since we were in high school and tied the knot on May 14th :). I was beyond happy to be able to share in their special day. The mass was really great and Stephanie was a beautiful bride....

I love bubbles after a wedding. They always make me so happy!
Their reception was out of control! The food was muy rico, the Dj's were hysterical, and the night was shared with a lot of really amazing people!

Like my friend Brie...


Oh, and this cake. Boy oh boy was it some good cake...


The highlight was getting to meet Camden. He belongs to my friends Stephanie and Chris and he is such a cute little guy. I'm excited to spend some more time with him this summer...


On Sunday I went to my cousin's First Communion/Birthday Party to see some of my family.

Rebecca was really excited to see me :)...


Me and Em with Unky Dan
Monday night I went to dinner with three of my best girlfriends and afterwards got a shaved ice from my favorite stand in Broadripple...


Not only is it the best sno cone I've ever had, but they now put a gumball in the bottom for FREE. If you know me at all you know how insanely happy this makes me!!!

My friends went for ice cream instead...
Excited or cold?
Las cuatro amigas...
Amanda, Me, Heather, and Ashley
This dinner was planned for me to meet Ashley's main squeeze, who is now her fiancé :)! Congratulations again Ash!!

And in honor of Ashley's recent engagement...

"Life comes without guarantees, except... Laughing will brighten your day, smiling will enhance your eyes, and falling in love will change your life"

1 comment:

Brie said...

This made me smile. :) I'm still so thankful you were able to come home. Can't wait to see you again in a few weeks!

P.S. Is it just me or does Camden look pissed? He's like "Ugh, where's my mom? I need some milk, and this girl just isn't cutting it!"

P.S. II - I <3 BRICS! It's so good! I haven't been to your sno cone place, but I bet it's good, too.