Monday, May 23, 2011

Heather's Visit (2 of 3)

On Saturday I wanted Heath to see some of the beauty in Honduras so we went to Puente Boqueron and hiked along the river...


It was a gorgeous day...


And the water was crystal clear...


As we walked along Anne and I picked up some sticks...


And Carrie and I decided to battle with them...

Heather was caught in the middle

But I have horrible balance...


So it didn't last long!

We had been walking for about thirty minutes when we stumbled upon this beautiful spot...

The water hole in the middle was deep enough to swim in
The perfect place to hang out and eat!

Every time I do anything outdoors with Anne I get talked into climbing something. I'm always so nervous while I do it because I'm scared of heights, but after it's over I'm always glad I did it...

Me, Heath, and Carrie on the rocks
When I climbed up these rocks I was bent over grabbing onto anything and everything that I could to help me up. Anne just walked across them like she was on a paved road. She's a natural climber...


After we enjoyed our picnic lunches of peanut butter sandwiches, crackers, and cookies we hiked back out to the road. Here's the view of the mountain from the street...

This is the same mountain we hiked back in October with Sonia.
Me, Carrie, and Heather
On the walk back to the house we stopped and Heath had her first experience with juice in a bag...

Mora (blackberry) juice...que rico!
That evening we got ready and headed to a fiesta at Sylvia's house. The lighting was beautiful as we walked down the dirt road and Kandice suggested we stop and take a picture. I'm ALWAYS down for stopping to take a great picture. I'm so glad we did because it's now one of my favorites...

Kandice, Heather, Me, and Lacey
We were still about twenty minutes away from our destination when Carlos spotted us and offered to give us a ride in the back of his truck. Waaa hooo! There are few things I enjoy more than riding in the back of a pick-up truck! Heather enjoyed it too...


We had a great time dancing the night away at Sylvia's house...

Me with Milsa and Lacey
I even put on my fun earrings for the night! That's huge!

Friends

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people"
– Eleanor Roosevelt 

No comments: