Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Heather's Visit (3 of 3)

On Sunday we went to the orphanage to visit some of my favorite little people. As soon as we got there all of the kids were requesting piggy-back rides...

Alberto and Heather
Their three favorite things to do are get piggy-back rides, watch a movie with us, and use my camera to take pictures.

I really like this one...

Kids, kids everywhere
While we were there Carrie told me that Maria Isabel (the little girl sitting to my right (if you're looking at the picture)) asked her what my mom's name was so she could keep her prayers*. What an incredible little girl -- I was beyond touched! 

*I'll explain what's going on with my mom in my next post.
Maria Jose, Julissa, Yarhitza, and Maria Isabel
Maria wanted to try my glasses on...
How sophisticated!
Heather with our mini me's...
Heath, Julissa, and Maria Jose
Monday after school we both caught a bus to Tegus, spent the night in a moldy hostel, ate some Pizza Hut (I was in heaven!), and then flew home the next day. 

Thanks for coming to visit me Heath! When I came back to school last Thursday the kids asked "and Miss Heather?" and the kids at the orphanage asked the same thing today. You're loved in Honduras :)!

"People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within" 
- Romana L. Anderson

1 comment:

Aunt Karen said...

So glad you're blogging again! ;)

Loved the "smashed mob of love" picture in the post from a few days ago!

Glad you and Heather had a great week!

One thing I notice every time I read your blog and look at the photos... kids are kids no matter what country or what language... they all love the same things! :)

Kare
xoxo