Tuesday, June 28, 2011

El Puente

On Friday (June 10th) we had a staff day at the Puente. It was a beautiful place that had a big soccer field, covered eating area, and two pools complete with a few water slides. 

Sor Maglys came and sang a few songs for us on her guitar...

She is so great...


I LOVE singing this song...


I'm so happy I was finally able to capture it on video...and it has all of my favorite people in it -- so it worked out perfectly :)!

Here's a group shot of all the wonderful people at Santa Clara...
It was a beautiful day for some fútbol...
but I wanted to hold this cute little thing instead...
My baby Denise :)
The game got really intense...
Sor Maglys even changed out of her habit to play - I couldn't believe it...
Don't mess with this nun!
I love this shot of Mike and Peg...
After playing soccer for awhile it was time to eat. We had lunches of either chicken with french fries or fish with platanos. It was really nice to sit down and have a meal with all of the staff.

Then it was time to hit the pool. We started out playing a few games of Marco Polo and then migrated over to the slides. These slides were so much fun!

Here's Jeff flying down the small white one...
and Yohely plugging her nose in anticipation of the drop into the water...
Here are a few of us in front of the two slides....
After going down both slides individually, someone had the great idea to go in groups. Going down with  just one other person made you go a lot faster, so adding two and three more people was crazy. At one point I went down the white slide with Rosita and I was terrified to let go at the top because I knew we would just fly down it. She insisted that I sit in the front because she was scared, which meant she was going to land on me when we dropped into the water. It was hysterical though and I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe!

To make things even funnier Sor Maglys also got into the pool and started going in groups down the slide.

The next few photos speak for themselves...

Before we left Rosita wanted to sing "I Love You, You Love Me" (the Barney song) to me, ahaha! She had tried to sing it to me earlier in the week, but she couldn't remember the words and said she needed to go home and practice. The kinder and prepa teachers sing that song to the students so I'm assuming that's where Rosita learned it. She told me that she learned a lot of English from me this year and she wanted to sing it in English. When she couldn't remember the words she started giving me a speech in English. I love this woman...


“In the course of a lifetime, almost everyone is positively affected by someone in a life-changing way” – Swen Nater

2 comments:

Brie said...

Those water slide pics are hilarious! That video was so sweet, too (the last one with Rosita). :)

Aunt Karen said...

Rosita brought tears to my eyes!