Monday, June 20, 2011

The Female Mr. Miyagi...

I am currently traveling around beautiful Guatemala with Carrie and do not have a lot of computer access, which is why my blog has been lagging. I promise to write an update on my incredible travels but in the meantime I need to catch you up on my last week in Juticalpa...

The week before we all left Juti, Sonia, my favorite Honduran, invited us over to her house for some naka tamales and good company. It was my first time spending an extended amount of time with her husband, who is also awesome. Sonia's ninety something year old mother was also visiting from Costa Rica which made the night even more special...

(From top left to right): Dan, Anne, Sonia, Carrie, Jeff, Mike, Me, Sonia's mom, Andrew, Kandice, Gordo, and Mario
After we had dinner Dan busted out his guitar and we sang some songs. Kandice accompied Dan on air trumpet...
Sonia with her babies...Jeff and me :)
Sonia knitted Carrie this AMAZING shirt! I'm still blown away by it...it's beautiful and fits Carrie perfectly. What a talented lady!


Our jam session in full swing...




Dan was rockin that guitar and I loved every second of it!

After we were finished singing a bunch of Beatles songs and a few Latin numbers, Sonia's husband blew us away with his incredible voice...

The room fell silent when he started singing and I don't think I spoke until minutes after he was finished. When I watched this again the next day I still didn't have words. I think he sounds as good as Andre Bocelli!

After a tearful goodbye from Sonia's house we were off for one last night of dancing...
Kandice, Lace, and Me
We were expecting a lot of Hondurans to be out but it ended up being a grino party with a few Hondurans sprinkled in there.
We know how to have a great time - Hondurans or not!
The next day I tried to get a picture of spot and I, but he wasn't interested :(...
But he posed really cute all by himself - go figure!
Mango season is in full swing and many of us are throughoughly enjoying them...
I'm not one of them. I thought I might acquire a taste for them, but I didn't. Maybe in another seven years?

I found Andrew's snorkeling gear on the couch later that afternoon and decided to pretend I was hanging out under the sea, haha...
I Rock!
 "Nothing can make our life, or the lives of other people, more beautiful than perpetual kindness" -Tolstoy

3 comments:

Aunt Karen said...

What a great ending to your adventurous year!

Sonia's knitting is fabulous! Wow!

I'm sending this entry to DebG.... she feels the same way you do about mangos. Me, on the other hand... I LOVE them!

Enjoy your next couple of weeks!

Karen
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Yes, I hate mangos. Even more the smell than the taste.

See you soon!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to meet Sonia next year when we visit. What a wonderful woman.

Her husbands singing is amazing.

Can't wait to see more about your travels.

Love Ya!

Mamasita