Monday, June 27, 2011

My Team

These are the beautiful women I worked with and played with all year :)...
Rosita, Wendy, Me, and Yohely
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these people...
but especially the crazy Rosita...
we're actually both crazy and that's why we got along so well this year :). I truly could not have asked for a better counterpart than her! She gave me so much support, she's a phenominal teacher, and she made me laugh daily. I'm so thankful for her, Wendy, and Yohely who all made my year great!

Tuesday night Padre had us over for pizza and cake as a little goodbye dinner. Victor came to pick us up in the big yellow school bus and we had the whole thing to ourselves. It was awesome!
As soon as I saw this cake I teared up...

I've come to terms with the fact that I'm always going to be the emotional one in the group!

A few days later we were invited over to one of Mary's students homes for dinner. Before we sat down to eat we were served this rico watermelon juice. I had never had watermelon juice before but I am officially a fan. It was so fresh tasting and it's really healthy - a win/win! 


Then we were served this seafood stew for dinner...
I'm not a big seafood fan so this was a little hard for me to get down. I did by best though and I think I ate half of it. 

Here are our wonderful hosts...
Jonesy (Mike Jones) and Jeff looked like they were at a tea party, haha...

The last Monday-Thursday at school was spent filling out what seemed like endless amounts of paperwork. The mother of all sheets was this cuadro... 
It had to be filled out with a special pen and couldn't have any mistakes on it. It took some people five times to get it right. Carrie was really nervous about it...
WHOOOO HOOOO! This is how we all looked as we finished our paper work one by one...
Pure Joy!
This is my beautiful little neighbor...
When I was walking home one day she asked me to take a picture of her.

A few days ago Jeff shared his book "Wooden" with me. It's "A Lifetime Of Observations And Reflections On And Off The Court" written by Coach John Wooden. I thought it would be a book all about basketball and lessons learned, but I was actually pleasantly surprised. Coach Wooden talks a lot about life and the things he's learned along the way. He has some really great insights and I found myself saying "this is so true" a lot!

This is one of the things I read that I really liked...

“Happiness is in many things. It’s in love. It’s in sharing. But most of all, it’s in being at peace with yourself knowing that you are making the effort, the full effort, to do what is right” – John Wooden

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think my eyes would have welled up too when I saw the cake.

Your little neighbor is adorable.

I love your qoute at the end; it describes you so well.

Looking forward to Friday!!!!
YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Ya!

Mamasita