Thursday, November 25, 2010

Acción De Gracias (Thanksgiving)

Thanksgiving is today and I'm definitely sad that I'm not home to celebrate with all of you. I love being able to squeeze all my little cousins and play with them, play euchre with both sides of my family (maybe winning $5-$10 on my mom's side -- I'm just that good ;) ), eat some awesome food, gossip with my aunts, make fun of my uncles, and have my whole family in the same room together. It's always such a wonderful day filled with so much love.

I have SO much to be thankful for in my life...

This year I am most thankful that I have the opportunity to spend ten months in this beautiful Country!

Since I have been in Honduras so many of you have sent me care packages filled with all kinds of wonderful things. So I want to take this opportunity to thank my mom, Robbie, my grandpa, my Aunts: Karen, Mary Jo, Mary, Kathy, Peggy, Cindy. My cousins: Julia, Braeden, Libby, Makayla, and Audrey. Also Julianne and Bethany Allspaw, Brie, and Tony Layer. And all of you who donated things/money to me before I left. I could honestly fill a whole blog post with names. I'm overwhelmed by the goodness in other people!


Thanks for the folders Tony. The kids love them!

My fridge stocked full of goodies!

Grandpa - Peanut M&M's are one of my favorites! Thank you so much!!

I'm nuts about nuts :). Thanks Mom and Mary Jo!

Awesome granola bar bag. Thanks Mary Jo, Grandpa, and Tony Layer!

Cereal!! Thanks Brie and Kare :)

My line up of Jiffy, ahaha. I'm now down to a jar and a half. It's definitely being eaten :)!

I love being able to have some toast with jelly on Saturday mornings!

Mom - these brownies made a lot of people VERY VERY VERY happy!

Heath -The numbers have gotten a little dinged up by little fingers, but we use them to count everyday :)!

Whoo hoo...the number caterpillar is growing everyday :)

Thank you all for the love, prayers, and support. I could NEVER say thank you enough!

I hope each one of you has an incredible Thanksgiving celebration with your families!

"To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow - this is a human offering that can border on miraculous."

2 comments:

Aunt Karen said...

I'm thankful for a niece who has the courage, strength and commission for others, to live her life the way you do!

Nice post! Happy Thanksgiving!

Kare xoxo

Anonymous said...

You were definitely missed on Thanksgiving, but I miss you every day.

I'm so thankful for YOU!

Counting down the days until December 18th.

Love Mom